Re: [O] first step of newbe: *TODO

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] first step of newbe: *TODO
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:39:26 -0500

Renato <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> as I already told, I'm a really newbe (to org-mode, as well as emacs)
> I'm starting from the very beginning:
> following the Doc (here:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html)
> I wrote my firs TODO list.
> But when I press C-c C-t over a TODO element, it appear DONE, write
> near the task, but not the CLOSED [time...] on the line after that.
>
> What I have to do?

There are two ways to get the CLOSED line:

o You can add the following line to your file:

#+STARTUP: logdone

After you do that, you have to make sure that you reinitialize the
state of the file so that org will know about it. The simplest way is
to put the cursor on the #+STARTUP line and press C-c C-c. Another way is to
close the file and reopen it.

Note that this setting will affect this particular file *only*.

o If you want the CLOSED line universally, then add the following to
your .emacs:

(setq org-log-done 'time)

Then exit emacs and start it again.

Nick