Re: [O] ox-latex: Is \uline really right for underlining?

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] ox-latex: Is \uline really right for underlining?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 02:02:50 -0500

Hi James,

2013ko abenudak 12an, James Harkins-ek idatzi zuen:

> What's the best way to handle that? I really want the "hidelinks"
> option for hyperref to be used globally. But, customizing
> org-latex-default-packages-alist means that I will miss updates to
> that variable in future org versions.
>
> Should I leave org-latex-default-packages-alist alone, and add my own
> entry for hyperref into org-latex-packages-alist? (Would there be any
> ill effect from having two \usepackage{hyperref} lines in the
> preamble, with different options?)

I don’t know for certain if having two \usepackages would have bad
effects, but my vague feeling is that you will be fussed at by the
LaTeX compiler and/or the options specified in the two instances will
not compose in the desired way.

You probably want the \hypersetup command (q.v. in the hyperref manual).
You can add it to the ‘org-latex-classes’.  You probably want something
like the following, slightly modified from the default:

(("article"
  "\\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\[DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
\[PACKAGES]
\hypersetup{hidelinks=true} % <--- the important bit
\[EXTRA]"
("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
  ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
  ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")
  ("\\paragraph{%s}" . "\\paragraph*{%s}")
  ("\\subparagraph{%s}" . "\\subparagraph*{%s}")))

HTH,

--
Aaron Ecay