[O] Yet another Jekyll Org mode setup

From: Waldemar Quevedo
Subject: [O] Yet another Jekyll Org mode setup
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 03:16:26 +0900

Hello list,

This is just to share my setup for using Jekyll and Org mode in case someone finds it useful...
https://github.com/wallyqs/yet-another-jekyll-org-template

What I like about this setup is that I can avoid having to add YAML front matter to Org mode posts by patching Jekyll with a plugin (link: https://github.com/wallyqs/jekyll-org/blob/master/convert.rb). It also disables Liquid templates since Org mode syntax can already cover some of those cases (like including files).

In this setup I am using the Org-ruby parser to render into HTML for convenience, though it could also be possible to shell out to the Emacs Org mode parser, I just would have to catchup on how to do that in latest versions of Org (last time I did I used 'org-export-as-html', fix would be to shell out to Emacs here: https://github.com/wallyqs/jekyll-org/blob/master/convert.rb#L49).

Cheers,

- Waldemar