Re: [O] Exams with Org?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Exams with Org?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 22:41:55 +0100

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 03:53:45PM -0330, Roger Mason wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used Org to create exams?  It would be useful to have the value
> per question totalled to provide the total per section etc and to be able to

You could try to "reuse" the effort property; or a new property of your
choosing with some custom lisp source blocks.

> embed the answers in the exam and expose them in the final document using
> some kind of conditional processing.

EXCLUDE_TAGS should help you there.  Tag your answers, say with "ans",
and put it in EXCLUDE_TAGS; and later remove it from EXCLUDE_TAGS.

> If anyone has done this kind of thing I'd be interested to see an example
> file.

I believe there was someone who started a thread like this; try within
the last 2-3 months.

If you find a solution, please let us know.  A Worg article would be
even better!

GL,

--
Suvayu