Re: [O] Full org-mode on unrooted Android

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Full org-mode on unrooted Android
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:50:34 +0000

Jaromil <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> For those here who like to try it then please accept my humble homage: a
> standalone version of ZShaolin based on the latest version 0.9 where
> I've managed to fix for most issues related to Emacs, which won't update
> nor will require the Google Play market, and basically contains ZSh,
> Emacs and a few other utilities like GnuPG, Ssh and Git.
> https://files.dyne.org/zshaolin/.org-mode/ Providing you with this is
> really the minimum I can do, as a very happy and enthusiast org-mode
> user since years: it facilitates in so many ways my life, it is almost
> embarassing to find myself in this position now. Many thanks!

Thank you for this.  I am keen to try this out as my previous experience
with Emacs on my Nexus systems has been less than ideal.

I've installed the apk from the stated place on a Nexus 4; I will try my
Nexus 7 later as the 7 will likely be more usable.  I've subsequently
"installed" a new version (0.9) using the second button from the top.  I
have been able to start it and get the shell.  However, typing emacs
always gives an error:

,----
| Warning: arch dependent data dir (/sdcard/emcs/etc) does not exist.
| Error: charsets directory not found: /sdcard/emacs/etc/charsets
| Please check your installation.
`----

What do I need to do?  It would appear that my installation is not
complete.

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.3c-250-gd35233