Re: [O] How do I specify the language for a :results code block

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] How do I specify the language for a :results code block
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:18:50 +0100

Hi Sean,

address@hidden writes:

> Taking a slightly different approach, you could use the :post header
> argument to wrap the results in a source block.
>
> See http://orgmode.org/org.html#post (from which the example below is
> derived).
>
> For example, you could use something like this:

>   * Example
>
>   #+name: eg-1
>   #+begin_src sh :results replace drawer :exports results :post
> wrap-src(text=*this*)
>   head -n 3 demo.v
>   #+end_src
>
>   Output
>   #+results: eg-1
>
>   * Utils                                                           :noexport:
>   #+name: wrap-src
>   #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var text="" :results raw
>   (concat "#+BEGIN_SRC coq\n" text "\n#+END_SRC")
>   #+end_src

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I get the same problem than
with "wrap": if the results are present, they become duplicated in the
export. Here is a small example showing it:

#+name: mywrap
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :exports none :results raw
echo "(+ 1 2)"
#+END_SRC

Exporting using ~:post~

#+name: wrap-src
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var text="" :results raw :exports none
(concat "#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp\n" text "\n#+END_SRC")
#+END_SRC

#+name: test4
#+call: mywrap() :post wrap-src(text=*this*) :results raw

#+RESULTS: test4
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(+ 1 2)

#+END_SRC

If you export this, you will see some duplication of the test4 block.

Your example showed more than the ~:post~ approach: there is also the
use of a drawer. And this solves my export problem (with a drawer,
things are not duplicated). Thanks a lot! (I tried to apply the drawer
trick to the :wrap src but it does not work, unfortunately. I like your
approach better anyway as it allows me to specify not only the language
used by the output source block, but other properties (such as whether
it should be evaluated) which wrap does not let me do.)

> BTW I answered a question similar to this on Stack Overflow recently
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20194347/org-mode-with-code-example-as-html/20232922#20232922)
> - must be something in the air.

I grabbed some additional information from there, and this is what I
ended up with. Thanks again for the help.

* utilities                                                        :noexport:
#+name: fetchfile
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :exports none :results raw :var f="foo.v"
head $f
#+END_SRC

#+name: wrap-coq
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var text="" :results raw
(concat "#+BEGIN_SRC coq\n" text "\n#+END_SRC")
#+END_SRC

* example
:PROPERTIES:
:results: drawer
:post: wrap-coq(text=*this*)
:END:

#+call: fetchfile("demo.v")

#+RESULTS:
:RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_SRC coq
Definition toto : forall x, exists y, x = y.

Lemma foo: forall x, x=x.
#+END_SRC
:END:

Alan