[O] org-indent-mode corrupted most of a big org file

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [O] org-indent-mode corrupted most of a big org file
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 12:21:25 +0100

All,

last week I played around with org-indent-mode in my biggest (37.000 lines) org
file.
3 days later I detected that most of the file was corrupted.
WHy so late? Using the agenda I only saw the todos and did not recognise the
corrupted structures.
Most "*" items had been placed at the beginning of the line and therefore now
became headlines.
I do not know how this happened. I am not sure if I myself was the reason
somehow.
Anyway I had to spend a fair amount of work to get the old file format from
subversion and insert the changes since the corruption.

This is just a warning to have backups at hand before changing to org-indent
mode.
Then immediately and check often the contents of the file until you are sure
all is running well.

Maybe someone has an idea.

I will try to convert again later but then be much more careful.

Rainer