Re: [O] Babel support for the D language

From: Thierry Banel
Subject: Re: [O] Babel support for the D language
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 18:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Hi Eric
> >
> > That's awsome !
> >
> > Yes, it would make sense, as D and C++ share a lot.
> > There are differences, though:
> >   tables are translated as:
> >     string[][]; in D
> >     char*[]; in C++
> >   includes are translated as:
> >     import std.stdio;  in D
> >     #include <stdio> in C++
> >
> > But yes, probably sharing a single ob-C.el file would save some maintenance
> > effort. And by the way, ob-D.el was directly inspired by your ob-C.el.
> >
> > I'm open and willing to go further.
> > Thierry
> >

> Great,
>
> I think this incorporation into ob-C.el would be the next logical step.
> You'd want to use the `org-babel-c-variant' in the same manner as C++
> does currently.  But there's no rush, and any changes there couldn't be
> merged until after your FSF copyright assignment forms have been
> completed.
>
> Best Regards,

Differences between D and C++ will introduce more
  (cond ((equal org-babel-c-variant ...))
constructs throughout the file.
But that is the very purpose of org-babel-c-variant, isn'it ?

One of the differences is that C or C++ requires two
org-babel-eval -- one for the compiler, another for the executable --
whereas D requires only one.

I will look at that while the copyright stuff is being done.

Thanks, Eric (and Bastien and Thomas and Nick), for your warm welcome in the
Org world.
Thierry