Re: [O] Anniversaries from BBDB available to calendar and diary?

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: Re: [O] Anniversaries from BBDB available to calendar and diary?
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 02:12:56 -0400

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Joseph Mingrone <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Myles,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> Myles English <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I wonder, did you look at the section of 10.3.1 titled "Anniversaries
>>> from BBDB"?
>>
>> This is what prompted me to store many of the anniversaries in BBDB as
>> opposed to the diary.  Following the information in section 10.3.1 of
>> the manual allows one to see these anniversaries in the Org agenda, but
>> they are now not shown in the calendar/diary.  So far, I've been able to
>> partially resolve the issue by upgrading to BBDB 3, which includes
>> bbdb-anniv.el.
>>
>> ;; To display BBDB anniversaries in the Emacs diary, use
>> ;; (add-hook 'diary-list-entries-hook 'bbdb-anniv-diary-entries)
>
> Just to make sure I'm following -- no one's yet gotten BBDB
> anniversaries showing up in the calendar proper yet, have they? I don't
> use the diary, but I'd sure like to see colored blobs in the calendar
> (like holidays are currently displayed) for anniversaries defined in
> BBDB.

No, but from the calendar, I can use 'd' (diary-view-entries) to show
the fancy diary with the BBDB anniversaries.  So, the only piece
missing, from my perspective, is a way to mark the calendar for the days
with a BBDB anniversary.  A function for one of the calendar display
hooks might do the trick.

Joseph