Re: [O] Opening an Org file slowed down

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Opening an Org file slowed down
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:53:07 +0100

Hi Nicolas

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> I implemented it.
>
> `org-element-at-point' runs in a mean constant time now (worst case is
> still linear, though).

Thank you. As I wrote in the other post my recipe is not a real use
case any more for me so it doesn't really matter that opening the Org
file is still slow. My understanding why seems to be limited. But your
change makes a big difference for things like org-cycle on the only
heading or org-element-at-point at the very end, org-element-at-point
repeated many times to be able to notice the difference visually.

Michael