Re: [O] ODT export produces odt file which MS Word 2007 can't open

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] ODT export produces odt file which MS Word 2007 can't open
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 00:39:35 +0530

Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, Word opens your resaved version with no errors.

So there is some truth to Word complaining when confronted with
OpenDocument v1.2 format files.

> It does have odd large bullets with the number "10" in the bullet;
> that is so weird I've attached a screen shot.

So importing of v1.1 files is not perfect.

So the bottomline is this:

When sharing a document created by Org ODT exporter to MS Word users, it
is good to add a note saying "Dont Panic" if MS Word complains about
document corruption etc.