Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file

From: York Zhao
Subject: Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:39:36 -0500

Oop, I didn't know that I replied to Nicolas instead of to the list because I
hitted "reply" instead of "reply all". So I'm reposting my previous post to the
list. Here we go:

In my previous post I actually meant to say that I set `debug-on-quit', have no
idea why I did `debug-on-error'. But anyways, I'm now pretty sure it was commit
"5ea0228" that causes problem because the moment I deleted the last two lines in
(define-derived-mode org-mode outline-mode "Org") everything worked fine.
Demonstrated below:

(define-derived-mode org-mode outline-mode "Org"
  ;; Delete these two lines and everything worked.
   (report-errors "File local-variables error: %s"
     (hack-local-variables))
)

Also, I figured out that it was my major mode that derived from `org-mode'
didn't work, and the buffer showed in org-mode, instead of my derived mode. But
my mode is as simple as:

(define-derived-mode yhj-mode org-mode "yhj"
  )

With some special key bindings specific to my file that is opened in `yhj-mode'.

By the way, I had toggled `debug-on-quit', but made no difference when I hit
C-g.

Thanks,

York