Re: [O] Org menu change

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Org menu change
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:22:31 +0100

Alan L Tyree writes:

>>> In the Emacs menu Org -> Customize -> Expand this menu used to give a
>>> complete menu of org-mode customisations which was quite helpful for an
>>> amateur. Now it gives a short menu that does little more than send the
>>> user to the usual Emacs customisation system.

I haven't used this feature before, and get different behaviors on OSX
(where I have mu4e) and Linux (where I don't at the moment), so I'm not
sure what you expect to see.

On Mint 15, clicking "Expand this
menu" places a Customize item in the Customize sub-menu, and hovering
over this item opens a sub-sub-menu of Org customizations.

On Mac OSX, it also places a Customize item in the sub-menu; no
sub-sub-menu appears, however, but clicking the item takes me to a
*Customize Group: Org* buffer.

> The error is being caused by my mu4e setup. It begins:
>
> (require 'mu4e)
> (require 'org-mu4e) ;; sets up links to email
> (require 'org-contacts)

> Eliminating the second two requires cures the problem and the 'Expand
> this menu works as it should.

I don't require org-contacts.

Requiring or not requiring org-mu4e doesn't seem to make a difference on
my Mac setup, I get the above behavior regardless.

> My mu4e and emacs 24 setup is a little unusual, so I don't know if
> this
> is a general problem. I would like to hear from anyone using mu4e.

Sorry I couldn't be less ambiguous...

Yours,
Christian