[O] ox-bibtex.el -- how to join sequential citations

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [O] ox-bibtex.el -- how to join sequential citations
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 09:23:01 -0700

Hi,

I've been using ox-bibtex.el for a couple of days now and am really
enjoying both the bibtex integration and the HTML export through
bibtex2html.  I have run into one issue which I'm now sure how best to
fix.

When exporting multiple sequential citations e.g., cite:foo cite:bar
etc... I would like to see something like the following (latex used for
this example) "\cite{foo, bar}", but instead I'm getting "\cite{foo}
\cite{bar}", which leads to poorly formed PDFs (a similar thing happens
for HTML export).

My question is how best to fix this, should I write a filter function,
or does the export engine already have processes in place to handle
these sorts of export context issues?

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte