Re: [O] org-shiftdown

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] org-shiftdown
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 01:57:35 +0100

2013/11/19 Samuel Wales <address@hidden>
I have no idea.

However, I have noticed that when Emacs is running, and I compile,
some things break.  Then I have to restart Emacs.  This makes no sense
whatsoever.  The running Emacs should not be affected by compiling
outside of Emacs.

What do you mean by "outside of emacs" ? Because you compile asynchronously ?
That doesn't change anything. The compilation process can change any emacs lisp data.

What I can confirm is that I also have to restart emacs from time to time. I used org mode
intensively the last 2 days (presentation tomorrow :-)) . Org mode broke a couple of times.
Example: I use C-c C-e l O to export to beamer. It happened that this key sequence failed
in the middle of some byte code. If I encounter it again, I'll send a backtrace. Albeit it will
probably be impossible to anyone to reproduce it exactly.

Fabrice