Re: [O] links to attachments don't export anymore

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] links to attachments don't export anymore
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:35:31 +0100

> Hello,
>
> Thomas Holst <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ยท Myles English <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> [ ... snip ... ]
>>> It was possible to insert a link to an attachment like this:
>>>
>>> [[att:FigureA.jpg]]
>>>
>>> and clicking on it would show the file (still works), and it would show
>>> up in the exported document (no longer happens).
>> [ ... snip ... ]
>>
>> since I like this feature I'd like to give this thread a bump. With git
>> bisecting I found that commit:
>>
>> 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6 is the first bad commit
>> commit 026b99ecb86e08f4fdc7b45ee2bfa1d4c84a37f6
>> Author: Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden>
>> Date:   Fri Aug 30 13:29:51 2013 +0200
>
> Since I have been proven guilty, let me add it to my TODO list.

Actually, this could solved by widening the buffer before expanding the
link in `org-element-link-parser'.

Though, I'm surprised that neither `org-id-get', `org-entry-get' nor, at
the most basic level, `org-entry-properties' remove narrowing before
computing their return value.

Is there any reason for this? AFAICT, it would be better to wrap them
with a `org-with-wide-buffer' macro.

Cc'ing Carsten before patching blindly.

Regards,

--