[O] adapted org-flag-drawer to hide newlines of consecutive drawers to s

From: Gregor Kappler
Subject: [O] adapted org-flag-drawer to hide newlines of consecutive drawers to save lines
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:47:14 +0100

Often several consecutive drawers follow the headline in my setup.
Maybe this code to hide newlines after drawers is of some use.

When drawers are hidden this wastes three lines of screen real estate
: * heading
: :LOGBOOK:...
: :CLOCK:...
: :PROPERTIES:...
per line.

I adapted org-flag-drawer to hide the newlines as well if another drawer
is following:
: * heading
: :LOGBOOK:...:CLOCK:...:PROPERTIES:...

This lead to a much denser editing experience.

Maybe this is not the best way to do this.  But this trick caused no
troubles for me during the last months.  All the best!

Gregor

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (defun org-flag-drawer (flag)
    "When FLAG is non-nil, hide the drawer we are within,
     including the newline at end of a drawer,
     yet only if another drawer is following.
     If FLAG is nil, make drawer it visible."
    (save-excursion
      (beginning-of-line 1)
      (when (looking-at "^[ \t]*:[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]*:")
        (let ((b (match-end 0))
            (selective-display-ellipses nil))
        (if (re-search-forward
             "^[ \t]*:END:"
             (save-excursion (outline-next-heading) (point)) t)
            (outline-flag-region b (save-excursion
                                     (forward-line)
                                     (if (looking-at org-drawer-regexp)
                                         (point-at-bol)
                                       (match-end 0)))
                                 flag)
          (error ":END: line missing at position %s in buffer %s" b
(buffer-name)))))))

#+END_SRC

Refererences
-- org.el::org-cycle-hide-drawers