Re: [O] [bug] ox-org.el subtree export appears broken

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] ox-org.el subtree export appears broken
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 14:21:54 -0700

> Hello,
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Specifically, the title is not taken from the current heading, and
>> subheadings are not promoted to the top level.
>
> I partly fixed this: subheadings should now get correct level.

Confirmed, thanks.

> OTOH, "ox-org" back-end doesn't insert any keyword (DATE, AUTHOR,
> TITLE), subtree export or not. If we add such keywords during subtree
> export, we also have to add them during regular export. I'm not
> convinced this is within the scope of that back-end.
>
> What do you think?

I don't know as much about backends so I'm willing to defer.

My initial thoughts are that inserting keywords *with* values while not
inserting empty keywords would be the most intuitive.  This way a
subtree export would insert a title (taken from the subtree heading),
and any other keywords set as subtree properties, but whole-buffer
export wouldn't insert any keywords which weren't present in the
original.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for the quick fix.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte