Re: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 09:20:13 +0100

Hi Mark,

Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:

> Wouldn't the output of a function be something mutually exclusive with
> summary types?  In other words, a column can be defined to use a
> summary type, or it could be defined (with the proposed idea) as the
> output of a function, but not both at the same time.

So your proposal boils down to allowing arbitrary summary types,
with user defined functions?  If so, that seems useful and consistent
to me, I may have a look at some point.

> One other difference has to do with the "default value" when a
> property isn't defined -- org-collector sets the default value to 0,
> while for column-view it seems to be an empty string.  I therefore
> modified org-collector to make it easier to set this default value
> when defining a dynamic block:

Thanks -- can you submit the patch following the guidelines on
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html (using git format-patch
and adding a commit message with a proper ChangeLog) ?

Thanks in advance,

--
 Bastien