Re: [O] Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 02:35:42 +0530

If you have really l...o...n...g lines you need to turn on some sort of
caching so that Emacs display doesn't start sucking.

I believe the variable you need is this.  Just double check.  I use
development version of Emacs so the details could differ for your
specific version.

    cache-long-scans
      Variable: Non-nil means that Emacs should use caches in attempt to
                speedup buffer scans.

    ** `cache-long-line-scans' has been renamed to `cache-long-scans'
    because it affects caching of paragraph scanning results as well.

Org files in sense paragraph oriented and not line-oriented.  There was
some work on Org Merge Driver.  (Search for it in the list).  I had also
pointed out this LibreOffice GSoC project earlier -
http://gsoc-tzvetelina.blogspot.in/ - the ideas discussed therein could
be of some relevance to building a Org merge driver.