Re: [O] RLT (hebrew) tables and org-odt-export-to-odt problems

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] RLT (hebrew) tables and org-odt-export-to-odt problems
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 23:54:19 +0100

>> "Jambunathan" == Jambunathan K <Jambunathan> writes:
Hi Jambunathan,
   > Uwe

   > I am venturing in to the wild here and it will take multiple iterations
   > for me to even get a "feel" for what needs to be happen.  I am not even
   > sure what is right or wrong here.  Anyways...
thanks very much for all your efforts so far.

   > Further to our exchange on the emacs-devel list,

   >     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-11/msg00134.html

   > I see that the file you passed me has no bi-directional markers
   > whatsoever.  I think presence of markers would affect how libreoffice
   > would layout the table.

   > I suggest that you pass me an Org file, that has the right
   > bidi-paragraph-direction (as a local variable) and has the right set of
   > bidi markers.

I tried and that and it did not help I send the files anyway, I will
however use thunderbird to send the attachments in the next mails.

   > (Furthermore, explicitly mark the org file as utf-8 coded.  I am not
   > sure what coding system the attachment is coded to.  When I view the
   > attachment in Gnus, I only see the latin characters.)

   > As for getting the table cells laid right, try this out.

   > 1. Export a hebrew.org file to hebrew.odt
   > 2. Open the .odt file in LibreOffice.

   F11-> Page Style->Default Page Style->Page->Text Direction->Set it to
   >    "Right to Left".

This does not really work, since it switches the direction of all rows
in the table, but not just of the first one as suggested Eli.

   >    I think that this would set the predominant direction of your
   >    document.  I believe, it would correspond to bidi-paragraph-direction
   >    setting.

   > 3. File->Save as->somefile.ott

   >    Now in your hebrew.org file, add this directive

   >    #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "hebrew.ott"

   >    This will make the exported document an R2L document.

   > 4. Export again.  See what happens

I tried same result.

I send all files in question in my next email.

Uwe