Re: [O] org-writers-room sort of works! just in time for NaNoWriMo

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] org-writers-room sort of works! just in time for NaNoWriMo
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 23:38:28 -0400

I've pushed a new version of org-writers-room to the repo,

https://github.com/titaniumbones/org-writers-room

It's still rather simple, but some of the awful usability bugs are less severe:
- org-writers-room can only be called from an org-mode buffer
- when disabled, org-writers-room gets rid of the extra windows it
created  Doesn't restore a pre-existing windowing setup yet,
unfortunately -- I would love some advice about how to do that.
- the guide window displays a half-decent collapsed outline of the
document by default.

Unfortunately, one you start typing the guide mode starts to display
your new text.  I don't know if there's a way around this, and
probably it would be better to use one of the existing outline modes
for the guide window, but I don't know how to use those.  Maybe
Thorsten or someone can comment on how to improve that.

I would also like to figure out better ways to manipulate the metadata
-- there must be an "org-next-property" or a way to simulate it with
org-element, but I haven't figured it out yet...

Anyway, it's a start.  Still very eager to hear from people trying it
out, or who would like to help out (I'm so slow!!!).

Thanks,
Matt