Re: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 15:47:05 -0400

Hi Aaron,

I hadn't actually foreseen using it for column-view so much, but
rather for a dynamic-block which generates a column-view of a tree.
These are, as far as I understand, read-only.

I don't think it would work well with read-write column-views, so if
such a function were defined in the :COLUMNS: property, it should
either be ignored and not displayed in the R/W column-view, or it
could be displayed if there were some way of ensuring that the
associated column was R/O.

Maybe others have a better idea on how to handle this?  I am somewhat
partial to the scheme used in org-collector, where columns are defined
at the beginning of a dynamic block, and not in the original tree.
This way you can have several different dynamic blocks which summarize
the tree-data in different ways.  It would also allow the
column-definitions defined in the tree to be used only for the R/W
column-view of that tree.

Regards,

Mark