[O] Bug? org-set-tags never uses ido

From: Anders Johansson
Subject: [O] Bug? org-set-tags never uses ido
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:39:07 +0100

Greetings,
I want to use ido everywhere and wanted to know why this doesn't seem to work for setting org-mode tags (it never has for me).

Using edebug to step through the call to org-icompleting-read which org-set-tags does I can see that it never gets to using ido since the last condition below is false:
org.el:10147-10150 (package repository version 20131028):
   (if (and org-completion-use-ido
        (fboundp 'ido-completing-read)
        (boundp 'ido-mode) ido-mode
        (listp (second args)))

This is not strange, since org-icompleting-read is called like this in org-set-tags:

org.el:14519-14521
               (org-icompleting-read "Tags: "
                         'org-tags-completion-function
                         nil nil current 'org-tags-history))))))

ido apparently needs a list of possible completions, not a single symbol.

I don't understand much more of this really.
Is it a bug? Have I misunderstood something?

Greetings,
Anders Johansson