Re: [O] Org-Mode newbie, configuration?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Org-Mode newbie, configuration?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:24:15 +0100

Hello Joe,

Welcome to the Org mode community.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 03:35:43PM -0500, Joe M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie to Org-mode and am wondering if anyone would be kind
> enough to share your org-mode configuration.

I would suggest you look at articles on Worg instead.  This is a good
place to start:

<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/org-customization-guide.html>
<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-configs/index.html>

I would suggest don't try to go through everything.  Just start using,
and change things as you need it.  Org is a big project.  If you think
"I'll customise everything to my taste before starting", you will never
get started.  Skim the manual, if you find something that you would like
to use, read that in detail, and start using.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu