Re: [O] [RFC] Slight change to asynchronous export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Slight change to asynchronous export
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:18:31 +0100

Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> My init.el file does (server-start), and also opens all the buffers
> (usually 100+) I had opened the last time I quit emacs (by using emacs’s
> included desktop library).  The buffers in turn spawn child processes
> (aspell, some python IDE-ish autocomplete server, ...)  I think these
> things are relatively common in init.el files, but not things that
> should be done by the async export process.  Other examples might
> include gnus/other email/rss fetching, or automatic update of installed
> elpa packages.
>
> Of course this would not be an issue for me in particular, but I think
> it would be very easy for a user to get unwanted results.

At the moment, default configuration will load init.el (or an
equivalent) so my proposal is not different in that regard.

> I guess you want to make it so that users don’t have to configure async
> export (beyond just flipping it on) in order to use it.

I want the default value to be less surprising, even though I strongly
encourage users to customize `org-export-async-init-file'.

> But I don’t know if there is a sensible way to parcel out benign bits
> of initialization code from dangerous ones without user intervention.

I don't know either, and that is well out of the scope of my proposal.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou