[O] Setting properties when scrolling around buffer puts property in wro

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Setting properties when scrolling around buffer puts property in wrong headline
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 23:11:52 -0500

Greetings,

I'm supposing there's no way around this... but I'm creating a
taskjuggler document that's fairly wrong. I often find myself in a
situation where I go to set a :depends: property to reference another
headline and need to go see what it's task_id is. So, I scroll down,
look at the task, then enter the correct task_id in the minibuffer
(which is still active after doing C-c C-x p property-name RET), and
then find that it's been inserted in a different headline since
scrolling moves the point/cursor to a different headline.

Again, I'm thinking that Emacs just works differently than other
programs in that the cursor appears to move to stay in the view of the
current buffer vs. staying at the existing point regardless of where
I'm looking in the file.

Is there a way around this issue? Almost like remembering the MARK
where either 1) the command was initiated or 2) where it was when the
property name was typed, followed by RET (but prior to setting the
value) vs. wherever the cursor ends up between setting the property
name and actually setting the value?

Thanks!
John

P.S. if the issue is unclear, open up a longer Org document and unfold
enough headlines so that the entire file cannot be viewed within the
height. Go a headline near the top and do C-c C-x p. Type a property
name and press RET. Now scroll down a bit in the buffer and then type
in the name of the property and press RET. The property will be
inserted in whatever headline you're cursor scrolled down to, not the
headline in which you initiated the command.