Re: [O] org-grep, and problems

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] org-grep, and problems
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:29:21 +0200

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 05:43:18PM -0400, R. Michael Weylandt <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2013, at 11:50, François Pinard <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > P.S. What is proper English: "nobody remember" or "nobody remembers"?
> >

> Remembers. 'Nobody' counts as singular, as does 'no one'. English
> isn't totally consistent on this matter, however, as 'none' takes a
> plural verb.
>
> No one is brave enough to skip the meeting, even though none of the
> bosses are going to attend.

Actually, I think it is quite consistent.  "Nobody" refers to an
individual, even though the set of possible individuals is infinite;
same goes for "no one".  Where as "none of the ..." refers to the set
collectively.

I think Strunk & White says the same, although I can't quote – I don't
have my copy handy at the moment.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu