Re: [O] Setup for switching between 2 org-mode configurations (demo/prod

From: M
Subject: Re: [O] Setup for switching between 2 org-mode configurations (demo/productive)?
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 07:01:46 +0200

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Running a virtual machine for the second setup is an interesting idea, but
it is problematic, as I'm using MacOS X 10.6 and AFAIK it is not permitted
to run it in a VM.
I'm currently working with org-mode under OS X (Aquamacs) at home and under
Windows 7 at work.
(For a VM with Windows I'd need a second license and for using LINUX in the
VM I'd have a 3rd operating system to fiddle with).

I could however create a second user account in OS X for such purpose and
then try to sync the "shared" parts of the emacs/org-mode configuration
files.

I thought that it should be easy (give I know, how) to have 2 branches in my
mercurial repository, one for the "general settings" and one also containing
my private data.

Another solution might be to have 2 different stages of emacs/org-mode
configuration files and if necessary "reset" emacs and org-mode by a command
and then only load the "public" configuration for demo purpose.

Kind regards

Martin