[O] org babel before excute hook

From: Henning Redestig
Subject: [O] org babel before excute hook
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:56:28 +0200

I collaborate with different people on the same orgfile which contains many source blocks that generate graphics by e.g. :results graphics abc.pdf

It can happen that I or someone else accidentally create another independent source block that overwrites my abc.pdf which is of course very bad.

I would like to add functionality so that org-babel-execute-src-block checks if in :results graphics FILE, FILE is already referred to by another source block and if so refuse to evaluate.

However, I only see a org-babel-after-execute-hook but no org-babel-before-execute-hook

any reason for this? I could try to write a patch but thought I'd ask first.

....or if there is an even better approach to avoid overwriting output from different source blocks..

//Henning