[O] org-grep, and problems

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] org-grep, and problems
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:50:47 -0400

Hi, Org people.

I recently rewrote my Emacs "org-grep" function, which surely nobody
remember, as when we discussed it here, it was years ago! :-)

The new writing gives nicer results, so I made it available as:

   https://github.com/pinard/org-grep

However, I'm not satisfied.  Maybe someone would be kind enough to
explore and understand some of the problems I see, at least before I
succeed in doing it myself.  The two main problems are:

  - (save-current-buffer ...) or (save-excursion ...) fail to bring the
    cursor back into the current window, seemingly whenever an Org link
    gets followed within the Lisp form.

  - org-reveal leaves the cursor line collapsed.

I can live with these two problems unsolved, as it only requires a few
more manipulations as a user.  They would be nicer solved, of course.

Keep happy, all!

François

P.S. What is proper English: "nobody remember" or "nobody remembers"?