Re: [O] Problem with beamer export

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with beamer export
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 20:36:32 -0500

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> This is an interesting bug. When I use the stable version of org i.e. 8.2.1
> everything works as expected.
>
> To use xelatex I included the following in my .emacs file (some code I picked
> up several years ago
>         (setq org-latex-pdf-process (list
>           "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory
> %o %f"
>           "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory
> %o %f"
>         )) ;; for multiple passes

Based on my process, is it sufficient to have not reproduced your
commands? Or can I just use the command you typed above to give it
another whirl from the raw .tex file? On that note:
- Is this an issue of converting Org syntax -> .tex syntax? OR...
- Is this an issue of the .tex file -> xelatex -> .pdf?

Re-thinking about your issue, it seems it's the former. In other
words, if the .tex file doesn't have \frame, that's something wrong
with Org -> .tex, not to do with the engine, right? If so, I'd
probably look at diagnosing your Beamer definition, but I don't know
how to.

> With regards to the split beamer theme this is included in beamer. I am using
> texlive 2013 on the mac.

Sorry... I was unclear. I'm aware of the various themes. What I
*didn't* understand is why your output said it was *using* the split
them.

Annnnddd... scrolled back up and just now caught that you included
your beamer_header file that you included, which indeed says to use
the split theme. Sorry about that!

John