Re: [O] Limit subtree to a specific export backend

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Limit subtree to a specific export backend
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:21:29 +0200

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Wiesner wrote:
> 2013/9/30 Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>:
>> A partly manual solution would be to use tags for which sections to export
>> in which backend, make a sparse tree with the backend you're interested to
>> export, and export what's visible?
>
> I am by far not an Org mode expert, and have never used sparse trees. Would
> you mind to point me to the appropriate manual section, or give me some
> details on how to create a sparse tree matching a specific tag only?

See section 2.6 Sparse trees:

  ╭────
  │ An important feature of Org mode is the ability to construct _sparse
  │ trees_ for selected information in an outline tree, so that the entire
  │ document is folded as much as possible, but the selected information is
  │ made visible along with the headline structure above it(1).  Just try
  │ it out and you will see immediately how it works.
  │
  │    Org mode contains several commands creating such trees, all these
  │ commands can be accessed through a dispatcher:
  │
  │ `C-c /'     (`org-sparse-tree')
  │      This prompts for an extra key to select a sparse-tree creating
  │      command.
  ╰────

It will help to "expand" all entries which contain a certain keyword (see `C-c
/ /') and "collapse" all others. Though, it won't help for tagged entries:
their contents won't be opened automatically by doing `C-c / m' (match for a
tag).

Anyway, `C-c /' is a very interesting (set of) commands to know!

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban