Re: [O] Yet another question about email and org-mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Yet another question about email and org-mode
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 17:05:18 +0100

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 11:24:18AM -0700, Josiah Schwab wrote:
>> Hi Alan,
>>

>> > I am happy to use native emacs mail, for sending email.  What I want to be
>> > able to do is keep a copy of my email in an org-mode file.
>>
>> Taking a step back, is there a reason that you want to keep a copy of
>> the email contents in the org file, as opposed to including a link to
>> the email message?
>
> I would ask the same question.  Specially when Org supports so many URI
> schemes for emails: gnus, mhe, rmail, notmuch, vm, vm-imap, wl.  Even
> simple file links to maildirs would work too.  If you like the Gmail web
> interface, linking to that is also possible!

or, to turn it around completely, what about defining an org backend
for gnus, i.e. nnorg, which stores emails using org format, modelled
along the nnmbox backend [[info:(gnus) Unix Mail Box]]?  You could then
use the GCC gnus header.

only partly in jest... ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.1.1-7-gaecdf5