Re: [O] Setup for switching between 2 org-mode configurations (demo/prod

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Setup for switching between 2 org-mode configurations (demo/productive)?
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:02:06 +0200

* M <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> I'd like to set up org-mode in a way to separate my personal data from my
> gerenal settings.
> and easily re-enable them later.
[...]
> I assume that some of you already have something like that or can recommend
> a way for doing so?

I by myself did chose a manual attempt so far: temporarily modifying
org-agenda-files to one demo file [1] and sticking to this demo file
only while showing stuff.

With my Memacs setup (see sig), I gave up selecting stuff that might
be private because every daily agenda shows private stuff (in case
or displaying archive files is enabled).

To demonstrate Memacs, I wrote a small shell script that finds days
where I got no time-stamp in my Org-mode files. (Fun act: I found
only a handful within the last years!). This way, I chose September
15th 2008 for [2]. I created dummy entries for a demo scenario and
stick to this single "artificial" day only. :-)

  1. e.g.,
https://github.com/novoid/org-mode-workshop/blob/master/featureshow/org-mode-teaser.org
  2. http://arxiv.org/abs/1304.1332
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github