Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 17:36:55 +0200

On 10/02/2013 03:45 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Daniele Pizzolli writes:

In fact I use org-mode primarily to stay away from *tex
nuisances... and I think that I am not the only one.  I know enough
latex to find a workaround myself (not enough to offer a general
reliable solution) but I do not think that this will be a pleasant
experience for a newcomer or to somebody that choose org-mode for the
latex export capability.

Fair enough. What, exactly, do you suggest as generated LaTeX code?

Thanks Nicolas for following my arguments.

IIUC, you want to drop any markup for timestamps when located in
a headline, ignoring `org-latex-active-timestamp-format' and al. Am
I missing something else?

Yes, I think is fair to drop the markup.  I would also think that this
is safe default when nested markup is bad.
Maybe the exporter can emit a notice/warning.

BTW, the =verbatim=[fn:1] case is unrelated to export. See
`org-emphasis-regexp-components'.

Yes, sorry, I mixed two not-so-related problem.  The beamer exporter do not
work with this code:

* title test[fn:1]
** section
*** subsection

[fn:1] text

The output is:
org-latex-compile: PDF file ./beamer-bug-footnote.pdf wasn't produced:
[undefined control sequence] Runaway argument

The =verbatim=[fn:1] problem was discovered trying to find a
workaround for the footnotes in the headers...

Oh, in fact searching emphasis + footnote lead to some results.
The question hit this list periodically... so maybe it’s worth
documenting it better.  I will try found a general answer and
propose a patch for the docs.

It seems that I am going to drop latex nuisances to go into elisp
ones ;-)

Thanks again,
Daniele