Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:47:50 +0200

On 09/30/2013 06:02 PM, Daniele Pizzolli wrote:

But org-mode allow this!

I think that if something is allowed in org-mode syntax but not by the
underlining tools used for export, the exporter should take care to find
a suitable workaround.

Hello all,

I see all your interesting points on the discussion... I just want to
explain that my statement is my naïve interpretation of:

You can use intuitive markup then have it converted to HTML, LATEX,
ODT – and much more[fn:1].

I can understand that the markup can end in very complex cases, but I
hope that you agree with me that with this advertised feature an extra
care should be put in ensuring that every markup can be exported
without crashing some tool in the chain.

The latex and html exporters (the one I use most) do already a
wonderful job, but some important case are missing.

Since I found a healthy and friendly community I was thinking that was
worth reporting them.

In fact I use org-mode primarily to stay away from *tex
nuisances... and I think that I am not the only one.  I know enough
latex to find a workaround myself (not enough to offer a general
reliable solution) but I do not think that this will be a pleasant
experience for a newcomer or to somebody that choose org-mode for the
latex export capability.

Regards,
Daniele

[fn:1] http://orgmode.org/features.html#sec-7