[O] multiple indirect buffers, and limiting to a drawer

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] multiple indirect buffers, and limiting to a drawer
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 09:44:49 -0400

Hi,

I am returning to my long-languishing idea of an "org writer's room"
(https://github.com/titaniumbones/org-writers-room , see also gmail
archives for a brief discussion about a year ago).  Coming to terms
with some of my own coding limitations(!), I want to keep this
relatively simple -- just a 3-paneled interface that shows

(1) in a narrow window on the left, an outline of the whole org-file,
which I take to represent a major writing project

(2) in the main window, a heading element in an indirect buffer

(3) in the right-hand panel, I'd like  to just show the properties
drawer of the currently active heading.

Can someone suggest the best way to create that third buffer (or more
precisely, that second indirect buffer)?  I guess I don't know the
best way to limit to a drawer, nor do I really understand how to make
multiple indirect buffers ( from what I can see,
org-tree-to-indirect-buffer will only permit one indirect buffer at a
time to be crate, which is fine, but which takes away the only tool I
sort of understand).

Another question: does emacs allow indirect buffers to have different
modes than their parents If so, I would like to write some trivial
minor modes that remap keybindings in each of the three windows, and
.e.g I would like to prohibit full unfolding of the outline in the
left-hand window if that's possible.

Thanks as always! I'm attaching a screenshot but I guess I'm not sure
if it will come through on the mailing list.

Matt