Re: [O] Needing help on org-gnus + LaTeX export -

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Needing help on org-gnus + LaTeX export -
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:38:15 -0400

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric, Hi everybody,
>
> Here is the beginning of my init.el in my .emacs.d/ :
>
> (message "* --[ Loading my Emacs init file ]--")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/org-8.2/lisp")
> (add-to-list 'load-path "/.emacs.d/org-8.2/contrib/lisp" t)
> (package-initialize)
>
> last stable version of org-mode is correctly installed:

Not necessarily: org-version might work, but that does not mean
that the rest of org does.

> Org-mode version 8.2 (8.2-dist @ /home/joseph/.emacs.d/org-8.2/lisp/)

Do ordinary operation in org-mode work? Try adding some headlines and
some text, moving around (perhaps using the menu if you don't know the
keydefs yet), adding some timestamps, tags, properties etc.

> org-mime installed via elpa
>
> Now test of org-mime-htmlize :
>
> org-uniquify: Wrong type argument: sequencep, my-fill-nobreak-predicate

Where is my-fill-nobreak-predicate defined? That is not an emacs
variable afaik, so it must come from your configuration.

Also, can you get a backtrace here? I cannot see how this arises.  See section
1.4, "Feedback", in the org manual on how to produce a useful
backtrace. OTOH, it might not be worth it for this problem: the
installation seems really borked.

NB: however, it will certainly be worth knowing how to get a backtrace
once you get these problems solved - there *will* be other problems in
the future and backtraces are useful tools for diagnosis.

> And test of C-e C-l for conversion of a file.org into a .tex file :
>
> org-uniquify: Wrong type argument: sequencep, my-fill-nobreak-predicate

This all seems screwed-up in various mysterious and tangled ways.  Is
there somebody with emacs experience nearby who could help you?  If not,
I would go back to the beginning: start with a default emacs
installation with *no* customizations at all, then add latest org-mode
and the bare minimum of customizations so that it is chosen in
preference to the org-mode that comes with emacs. Then test it carefully
and thoroughly before you try adding other customizations and org-mime.
Add things one at a time and keep testing.

--
Nick