Re: [O] org-table-duplicate-column

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-table-duplicate-column
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:30:12 +0200

Hi Karl

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
> What about alternating data (no summary value at bottom row) and
> evaluation columns?
>
> | Data 1 | Eval 1 | Data 2 | Eval 2 |
>
> What about moving columns:
>
> Switching two columns from:
> | Eval 1 | Eval 2 | foo | bar |
> to:
> | Eval 1 | foo | Eval 2 | bar |

Alternation and moving can be handled with conditional formulas

#+TBLFM: @>$<..@>$> = if(subvec("@1", 2, 6) == "Eval", 42, $0)

in Calc or even simpler (regex) with Lisp. Don't worry, For this I had
to cheat and look in testing/lisp/test-org-table.el with the ERTs that
should also be an advanced documentation. In this case
test-org-table/compare for the comparison and
test-org-table/copy-field for the substring.

> I still tend to think that org-table-duplicate-column
> would be handy in many cases.

I can not understand how with a variable if you mean that
literally. Also with macros for TBLFM as I imagine, that could be
difficult because already now there are conflicts and traps with the
TBLFM syntax.

Michael