Re: [O] A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:38:01 +0200

Hi flammable (?),

flammable project <address@hidden> writes:

> * EMACS
> You need to have an Emacs version greater than 24.2.1. The function
> 'url-encode-url' must be present to generate successfully the RSS
> feed. Since I'm using Xubuntu 13.4. I had to add the PAA of Damien
> CASSOU to my apt config. Then I installed Emacs 24.3.1. The command
> 'url-encode-url' was listed in.

Thanks -- I updated the blog post to mention this constraint.

> * ORG Files
> You should take care about the PROPERTIES section you use in your
> org_files or section used to generate the RSS feeed.
>
> the CATEGORY might be usefull to manage multiple feeds. Personnaly I
> don't try it but with Liferea RSS reader this option is visible.

(I don't use the CATEGORY property myself but maybe will.)

> Personnaly, I put the same date for the DATE and PUBDATE options. The
> date are correctly displayed in my RSS reader.

Why do you need the :DATE: ?  :PUBDATE: is automatically added if not
already present, and should be enough for the feed to know about the
publication date.

Thanks for testing!

--
 Bastien