Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:52:47 +0200

Hi Suvayu,

Suvayu Ali wrote:

>>> * TODO  .....                                   :24.3:
>>>   <2013-08-13 Tue>
>>
>> I'd use the inactive version of the timestamp, that is (for Michael)
>> [2013-08-13 Tue].
>
> Doesn't the agenda show active timestamps only?

Yes, but then I don't expect an "event" timestamp.

> Developers working on bugs might want to add the file as their agenda file.

Absolutely, but the question comes down to: do they want to have their today's
agenda filled with Org bugs? If they add `org-issues.org' to their
`org-agenda-files', that's clear they wanna have the pendings bugs, etc. in
*some* custom agenda views, but do they want that always in the default agenda?

Adding the bug as an "event" timestamp will show it only on that day. Then, you
don't see it anymore...

If you want to see them, I'd propose to put a SCHEDULED type of timestamp, or a
DEADLINE one, no?

If you don't need the bugs in your default agenda view, then you can still put
the date as an inactive timestamp to keep track of when the bug was submitted.
Another way (to what you show) would be to add it under a property `Created' or
`CreatedOn'...

Best regards,
  Seb

--