Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:22:20 +0200

Hi Seb and others,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 09:29:10AM +0200, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> >>  (date . 1376383861)
> >
> > * TODO  .....                                   :24.3:
> >   <2013-08-13 Tue>
>
> I'd use the inactive version of the timestamp, that is (for Michael)
> [2013-08-13 Tue].

Doesn't the agenda show active timestamps only?  Developers working on
bugs might want to add the file as their agenda file.

> > It would be cool if you could provide a function that uses browse-url to
> > direct you to the webpage using DEBGUGS_ID:
> >
> >   <http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15081>
>
> We could get it by adding a new link type, don't we?

Indeed!  I usually dislike bare links in documents.  I think it breaks
the flow of text.  Your suggestion sounds perfect!

> >>  (originator . "Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden>")
> >
> > * TODO Making epg-context local to  *epg* while let-bound!
> > :24.3:org_crypt:
> >   :PROPERTIES:
> >   :DEBGUGS_ID:   15081
> >   :REPORTER:     Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden>
>
> I'd maybe use "Creator" or "CreatedBy" (with or without hyphens or underscore)
> to make that "framework" less "bug-specific". That way, I guess it could stay
> as well as general for common tasks in any project.

Indeed a great suggestion!

> BTW, is there a convention for using "ALLCAPS" or "First-letter-cap"?  I mean:
> the "time estimate" property is written "Effort", not "EFFORT"; is there a
> convention to distinguish between Org "official" built-in properties, and
> user-defined ones?  Or is there another rule?  (This question may sound
> stupid,
> but I live conventions, so that all files look the same).

I'm not sure if there is any convention.

> > So finally I propose the following for this particular bug.
> >
> > * TODO Making epg-context local to  *epg* while let-bound!
> > :24.3:org_crypt:
> >   :PROPERTIES:
> >   :DEBGUGS_ID:   15081
> >   :REPORTER:     Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden>
> >   :GMANE_URL:    http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden
> >   :END:
> >  152 <2013-08-13 Tue>
>
> What's this 152?  A typo?

It's a typo.  :-p

> > What do others think?  Is it a good start?
>
> I like your work a lot!

Thank you :).

--
Suvayu