Re: [O] org mode R remote code evaluation

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] org mode R remote code evaluation
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:03:43 +0200

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd rather not hard-code the value of "/tmp/".  Perhaps you could rework
> the patch so that it introduces a new customizable variable (including a
> documentation string) so that users can set the value for their system.

Will do, tomorrow. I would even prefer a more general solution, a new
function which returns a ("the") temp directory on a remote host. This
would be useful also outside org-mode. But this would require changes in
Emacs/Tramp, which won't be applicable for org immediately (backwards
compatibility, and alike).

> If you can keep the patch under 15LOC we can include it w/o requiring
> FSF copyright assignment, otherwise see [1] for contribution details.

No problem. As Tramp maintainer, I have signed the FSF papers for Emacs
10+ years ago. This shall be valid also for org patches.

> Thanks,

Best regards, Michael.