Re: [O] Pattern of global/file/headings variables/settings

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Pattern of global/file/headings variables/settings
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:10:27 +0200

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I wonder how Org-mode turned out as it is with regard to settings

> If not: why can't there be a general pattern where a user can assume
> that #+foo (file) can be applied as :FOO: (heading) as well?

and I wonder why

,----------------------
| #+ATTR_HTML: :foo bar
`----------------------

on top of a table becomes a ':attr_html' attribute of the table 's
property list, but the same thing on top of a headline becomes a
(keyword ...) that belongs to the section preceding the headline - when
parsing the buffer with `org-element-parse-buffer'.

I would have expected that all affiliated keywords with the pattern

| #+ATTR_<<backend>>: :foo bar

directly on top of an element are converted to attributes of the element
they are attached to, no matter what <<backend>> actually looks like
(or, at least, when <<backend>> is listed in `org-export-backends' or
`org-export--registered-backends' or so).

--
cheers,
Thorsten