Re: [O] Tentative patch to keep org-babel-results-keyword when calling o

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] Tentative patch to keep org-babel-results-keyword when calling org-babel-remove-result
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:56:13 +0200

On 09/20/2013 11:13 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
Hi Daniele,

Thanks for the suggestion and the accompanying patch.  I've just applied
a modified version of your patch (included below).  Please let me know
if this is insufficient for your needs.

Hello Eric,

Wonderful! Your patch is perfect for my use case.  Thanks for the
quick improvement!

I just re-discovered the amazing feature of "named source blocks".
that unfortunately trigger a corner case:

#+NAME: fig1
#+BEGIN_SRC...
#+END_SRC

Some text

#+RESULTS: fig1

** Other section

After running:

(org-babel-map-src-blocks nil (org-babel-remove-result nil t))

Will result in:

#+NAME: fig1
#+BEGIN_SRC...
#+END_SRC

Some text

#+RESULTS: f
** Other section

I tried to look at the code, but the level of indirection you added
makes me feel lost.  I would be happy to help in testing, even with
more use cases if needed.  I just found that the section “Writing
tests with minimal Emacs-lisp knowledge” at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tests/index.html#sec-3 is not yet complete
but I can have a look at the source code and follow your advises or
examples.

Thanks again,
Daniele Pizzolli