Re: [O] create a sparse tree by TODO and property? possible?

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] create a sparse tree by TODO and property? possible?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:27:47 +0200

Thank you so much Carsten and Suvayu  (and let me take the opportunity to thank you Carsten for orgmode in general which just makes my academic/personal life so much more enjoyable :))

this works like a charm!

z.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On 17.9.2013, at 23:33, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 09:15:14PM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>
>> On 17.9.2013, at 13:48, Xebar Saram <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> can one create a sparse tree using 2 queries, In particular i want to create a sparse tree that has all heading marked TODO and that have a specific property i set IE:
>>> :PROPERTIES:
>>> :food_type: indian
>>> :END:
>>>
>>> so i would like sparse tree for example to show 'indian' property but also TODO state
>>
>> Yes, this is possible.
>>
>> C-c / m food_type="indian"/TODO  RET
>>

>> The match syntax is described here:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html#Matching-tags-and-properties
>
> I didn't know this!  Althought now that I think, if the agenda can do
> it, sparse tree should be too :-p.

Indeed, it is the same internal function that does the matching in both cases.

- Carsten