Re: [O] Assistance customizing org-format-latex-options

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Assistance customizing org-format-latex-options
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:13:27 -0500

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> don't be afraid of property lists - they are just ordinary
> lists with alternating keys and values.
>
> (setq org-format-latex-options
>       '(:foreground default
>         :background default
>         :scale 1.0
>         :html-foreground "Black"
>         :html-background "Transparent"
>         :html-scale 1.0
>         :matchers ("begin" "$1" "$$" "\\(" "\\[")))

After sending the email, I remembered my typical hack of doing this
and set the value using `M-x customize-variable`, then examining what
it saved to .emacs. The above is, indeed, what it was. How might one
set it via the single property method in the StackOverflow post? I can
certainly do the above, though I only want to customize :matchers, so
perhaps it's a bit unnecessary?

I can't imagine the above biting me, but I could see that someone
might want to just target one property in the event that, say, they
want to override one of the above at buffer level and that somehow
conflicts with the whole set of properties existing in .emacs (just
brainstorming...)?

Thanks,
John