Re: [O] #+BEAMER_THEME fails

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] #+BEAMER_THEME fails
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:21:07 +0200

Hi Loris,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 02:51:36PM +0200, Loris Bennett wrote:
> Hi Suvayu,
>
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Loris,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:22:40AM +0200, Loris Bennett wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Using Emacs 24.2.1 (Org mode 8.1.1) and having read the page
> >>
> >>   http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/ox-beamer.html
> >>
> >> I assumed I would be able to set the Beamer theme using
> >>
> >>   #+BEAMER_THEME: Madrid
> >>
> >> However, this did not work and I just got the default theme.  However,
> >> looking at
> >
> > Can you provide a minimal working example[1] with a sample of the exported
> > LaTeX code for you?
>
> That was a good suggestion, as it helped me to find the problem.  My
> mistake was exporting to LaTeX
>
>   As PDF file
>
> instead of
>
>   As PDF file (Beamer)
>
> In principle it is clear when you do 'C-x C-e' that you should choose
> the latter option if you are using Beamer.  However, I didn't come
> across any mention of export to Beamer being different from export to
> non-beamer PDF in the documentation.  So maybe it would be an idea to
> add a section about exporting to the tutorial
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/tutorial.html
>
> to help the easily-confused, like myself.
>
> As a matter of interest, has the new exporter always behaved like that?
> And what is the rationale behind the distinction?

The answer is: it is a feature.  Documenting it is actually among my
TODOs[1].  If you would like to add something to any of the articles,
please feel free to contribute.

  <http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-about.html>

In case sending SSH keys is not possible or complicated for you, you can
send a patch, I can commit it for you.  In any case, I will try to
update the articles when I can find the time.

Cheers,

Footnotes:

[1] <http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/ox-beamer.html#sec-5-1>

--