Re: [O] bug#14605: Problem with export an .org file to .pdf does not ope

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: [O] bug#14605: Problem with export an .org file to .pdf does not open pdf file
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:04:45 +0100

> On 17.9.2013, at 08:01, Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Matt Price <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm running today's org with a recent emacs-snapshot in a
>>> single-user linux environment (ubuntu 13.04).
>>>
>>> xdg-open xxx.html works fine when run from the command line, but
>>> from inside org-mode it seems to fail to run In particular, html,
>>> odt and pdf documents no longer seem to open from the export menu,
>>> even though the log in *Messages* reports that the relevant command
>>> ("xdg-open-my-org-file.html") has been run.
>
> Is there anyone else who has tried the xgd-open way to follow links
> with Org?

Yes, I have the same symptoms as Matt.

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
Org-mode 8.1.1  (the latest ELPA package fails in the same way)

xdg-open works on the command line but not through the org-export menu -
pdfs and html files don't open automatically.  There are no error messages.

atb

Glyn